How to Renew Driver’s licence in Ontario?
According to the law, even a professional driver is only legally mandated to drive if he has a renew drivers licence. Licences allow you to drive a particular type of vehicle. So it’s necessary to have your driving licence renewed if it expires. You might not know how to make it happen or what choices are accessible to you. Fortunately, the process is the same whether you need to replace or renew your driver’s licence in Ontario or a smaller city.
Steps – Renew Drivers licence Ontario
To renew your Ontario drivers licence, you will need to follow these steps:
- If your licence is due for renewal, a notification will be sent to you about 90 days before the expiration date. To renew your licence, you must be at least 16 years old and have a valid Ontario driver’s licence that is not suspended. You must also be able to pass a vision test.
- Gather the necessary documents. You must bring your current driver’s licence, proof of your legal name, date of birth, and signature. You may also need to provide proof of your Ontario address.
- Visit a Service Ontario center and complete the renewal process. You must fill out a renewal application form, pay the renewal fee, and pass a vision test.
- Wait for your new driver’s licence to arrive. Once you have completed the renewal process, your new driver’s licence will be mailed to you. It can take up to three weeks to receive your renewed licence.
Can I Renew my Driver’s licence Online?
Yes, you can renew your driver’s licence online If the licence expired within a year and you meet the following conditions:
- The driver has a full G licence.
- If the driver does not owe any fines.
Old Renewal of Drivers Licence
- A vision test is needed if your licence has expired between 1-3 years.
- If your licence has expired between 3-10 years, a vision and written knowledge test are needed. The driver also needs to pass the G-level tests.
- If your licence has expired for more than ten years, you will have to start from the beginning.
There are many situations and scenarios where you need to replace or renew your licence. If the driver isn’t eligible for online renewal of licence, a cost of 81.50 $ is required. A basic overview of the renewal process is given above. These steps will help the driver to know what to do to renew their licence.